How to Apply


1.Application Period:

Chinese Government Scholarship:  October 1,2023 to February 29,2024

Huazhong Agricultural University Scholarship: October 1,2023 to February 29,2024


2.Application Qualification:

① Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.

Note: Residents of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who have emigrated to a foreign country and who are now applying to study in China as international students must have held a valid foreign passport for at least four years, and must have actually resided in a foreign country for at least two years in the past four years. (Nine months of residence in a foreign country may count as a full year. The dates of the entry and exit stamps in the passport will be followed in the determination of actual foreign residence.)

Applicants mentioned above should submit additional documents as follows: (1) Certificate of naturalization; (2) Proof of cancellation of the original residence; (3) A photocopy of exit and entry signature pages of the passport in recent four years (original copy for future examination); (4) Proof of study or work experience at abroad in recent two years.

② Applicants for Master's degree must have obtained Bachelor'sDegree and be under the age of 35.

③ Applicants for Doctoral degree must have obtained Master's Degree and be under the age of 40.


3.Online Application:

For CSC Scholarship: https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register (HZAU Agency number: 10504)https://hzau.at0086.cn/student 

For University Scholarship: https://hzau.at0086.cn/student


4.Required Documents:
No. Documents
1 The application form
2 Highest diploma or degree certificate; or an official Certificate of Expected Graduation for the ones still on campus
3 Official Transcripts
4 Two recommendation letters by professors/associate professors of correlated disciplines  Download
5 Study Plan
6 Duplication of the Passport



Physical Examination Record Download

8 Certificate of non-criminal record
9 Other auxiliary supporting materials (such as: award certificates, academic papers published, English or Chinese Language Proficiency certificate, special skill certificate like dancing, sports, etc.)


An Acceptance Letter from a professor of HZAU   Download


Please prepare the application documents, then submit the soft copies to application system. 

Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with certified translations in Chinese or English.


5.Language Proficiency:

① Chinese Medium Program: Applicants should submit a score report of a recognized Chinese Proficiency Test. HSK level 5 or above (Note: HSK refers to Chinese Proficiency Test. You can find information on: www.chinesetest.cn) is required. If the applicant has no elementary Chinese study experience, he or she can pass HSK level 5 by attending Chinese Language Program for one academic year before the start of Academic study.

② English Medium Program: It is better if applicants can submit a score report of a recognized English Proficiency Test such as TOEFL, IELTS or other official English test recognized by HZAU. Failing to demonstrate one's English proficiency may adversely affect one's candidacy for acceptance.


6.Expenses :



Fee/RMBMaster Degree

Fee/RMBDoctor Degree






Science, Engineering

25000/academic year

28000/academic year

40000/academic year

44000/academic year

Economics, Management, Humanities & Social Sciences

22000/ academic year

25000/academic year

28000/academic year

32000/academic year


Single Room

10000/ academic year

Twin Room

5000/ academic year


400/academic year


800/academic year

“C” stands for teaching in Chinese, and “E” teaching in English

7. Values of the scholarship:
  • Tuition waiver

  • Free university accommodation

  • Comprehensive medical insurance

  • Stipend: Master's students: 3,000 RMB/month; Doctoral students: 3,500 RMB/month (CSC Scholarship)

                  Master's students: 2,100 RMB/month; Doctoral students: 2,500 RMB/month (University Scholarship)


Students who are admitted must apply for study type of visa at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in home country with the Admission Notice and JW202 form. International students who will study in China for less than 6 months should apply for “X2” type of visa. Students who will study in China for over 6 months are required to obtain ‘X1’ type of Visa, which will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival in China. Students must come to the International Student Office to apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days in order to obtain a legal stay in China.



Registration dates will be specified in the admission notice. Successful applicants are required to register in HZAU during the specified period, and early registration will not be handled.