HOME > ADMISSIONS > Visiting Students Program > How to Apply

How to Apply

Visiting Students Program

Admission Procedure

1.Application Period:

 Whole year

2.Application Qualification:

① Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.

Note: Residents of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan who have emigrated to a foreign country and who are now applying to study in China as international students must have held a valid foreign passport for at least four years, and must have actually resided in a foreign country for at least two years in the past four years. (Nine months of residence in a foreign country may count as a full year. The dates of the entry and exit stamps in the passport will be followed in the determination of actual foreign residence.) Applicants mentioned above should submit additional documents as follows: (1) Certificate of naturalization; (2) Proof of cancellation of the original residence; (3) A photocopy of exit and entry signature pages of the passport in recent four years (original copy for future examination); (4) Proof of study or work experience at abroad in recent two years.

② General Scholar: Applicants must be a current college student or higher and be under the age of 45. Applicants should submit a score report of a recognized Chinese Proficiency Test. HSK level 4 or above (Note: HSK refers to Chinese Proficiency Test. You can find information on: www.chinesetest.cn) is required. If the candidate has no elementary Chinese study experience, he or she can pass HSK level 4 by attending Chinese Language Program for one academic year before the start of Academic study.

③ Senior Scholar: Applicants must be a current Master degree student or get Master's degree or higher and be under the age of 50.

3.Online Application:

Please visit the website: http://studyin.hzau.edu.cn/ and apply online.

4.Required Documents:
No. Documents
The application form printed from Application System: http://studyin.hzau.edu.cn/
Highest diploma or degree certificate; or an official Certificate of Enrollment for the ones still on campus.
Official Transcripts
Two recommendation letters by professors/associate professors of correlated disciplinesDownload
Study Plan
Duplication of the Passport

Physical Examination RecordDownload
Other auxiliary supporting materials (such as: award certificates, academic papers published, English or Chinese Language Proficiency certificate, special skill certificate like dancing, sports, etc.)

An Acceptance Letter from a professor of HZAU (Only Senior Scholar Needed )  Download


①Original documents should be submitted. However, should they be unavailable, copies must be authorized by the issuing institution or notarized by a public notary.

②Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with certified translations in Chinese or English.

③Please send the hardcopies of application required documents to the required postal address: No.515, Students' Comprehensive Service Building, International College, Huazhong Agricultural University, No. 1, Shizishan Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan 430070, P.R.China

5.Inquiry for Admission

The International Student Office of HZAU will issue admission status via the Online Application System. Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) as well as Form of Physical Examination Record form will be issued to the admitted applicants before January 15 for Spring Semester or July 15 for the Fall Semester.

6.Expenses (RMB):


Category of Students






General Visiting Scholar
(Undergraduate Level)

Science, Engineering

16000/academic year


Economics, Management, Humanities & Social Sciences

14000/academic year


Senior Visiting Scholar
(Master Level)

Science, Engineering

25000/academic year

28000/academic year

Economics, Management, Humanities & Social Sciences

22000/academic year

25000/academic year

Senior Visiting Scholar
(Doctoral Level)

Science, Engineering

40000/academic year

44000/academic year

Economics, Management, Humanities & Social Sciences

28000/academic year

32000/academic year


Single Room

10000/ academic year; 960/one month

Twin Room

5000/ academic year; 480/one month




800/ academic year

“C” stands for teaching in Chinese, and “E” teaching in English. Tuition fee waiver if no course credit needed.


Students who are admitted must apply for study type of visa at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in home country with the Admission Notice and JW202 form. International students who will study in China for less than 6 months should apply for “X2” type of visa. Students who will study in China for over 6 months are required to obtain ‘X1’ type of Visa, which will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival in China. Students must come to the International Student Office to apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days in order to obtain a legal stay in China.


Registration dates will be specified in the admission notice. Successful applicants are required to register in HZAU during the specified period, and early registration will not be handled.